**Guest Post by Charleigh**
Bullying: NO WAY!
Orange day was on the 20th of May 2015. It is where people wear orange all day. It is a day of no bullying, they have made this day for a special reason. At school, internet, social media and work all those places you can get bullied. Your friends could bully you and also strangers.
If you ever get bullied you never bully back you always go to a teacher, a parent or the closest grown up around you. Everyone has the right to feel safe and comfortable at school, work and where ever you are. Stay near adults and other kids. Most bullying happens when adults aren’t around. Talk to an adult you trust. Don’t keep your feelings inside. Telling someone can help you feel less alone. They can help you make a plan to stop the bullying.
Let adults at school know that you care about this topic. Ask the school to host an assembly on bullying. Ask for an anonymous survey to learn how many kids are being bullied.
There are many types of bullying. Here are some examples of bullying:
- Name-calling, teasing, or spreading rumour’s
- Leaving someone out of a group on purpose
- Making nasty faces or hand gestures at someone
- Making fun of someone for being different
- Hair-pulling, biting, and pinching
- Threatening and scaring others
- Hitting, punching, yelling, and shoving
- Telling other kids not to be friends with someone
- Embarrassing someone in public
Support bullying on Orange Day next year. Wear something orange and show your support for Bullying: No Way!