ANZAC Day

Tomorrow is ANZAC Day.

Every year, on the 25th of April, we celebrate ANZAC Day. ANZAC stands for;

Australian
New Zealand
Army
Corps

This year is special because we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the landing at Anzac Cove in Gallipoli, Turkey.

In our class, we have explored an interactive timeline of the landing at Anzac Cove, which gave us a brilliant insight into both sides of the battle. You can watch the videos here.

We worked with a partner to research one of the many soldiers who fought in the battle and created 3D Graphic Organisers in the shape of boats.

We also watched some Behind the News stories to help us gain a better understanding of why we celebrate ANZAC Day. Some stories are below:

Do you know anyone who has fought in any wars? Have you ever attended an ANZAC Day dawn service?

6 thoughts on “ANZAC Day

1. in world war 2 my great great great grandfather went to war but he didn’t go in the dawn serve because he didn’t stay alive.

2. Hi Miss Fraser and 3/4D,
    Your blog is fascinating. There is a lot of fun and educational stuff. I love your video it looks like you do fun things together. I really like how you were learning about ANZAC Day because it is a really important celebration. Thanks for writing a blog comment, I hope you liked ours. What have you been learning about.
    From Talia T 3/4L

3. Dear Miss Fraser and 3/4D,

Thank you for writing a blog comment. I will definitely check out Jetski addition.
    I think the slide about your incursion is really interesting. We have also been learning about the ANZAC’S and ANZAC day. I know a few people who went to war.
    What is something interesting that you are learning?

From Ava C 3/4L.

4. Dear 3/4d and Miss Fraser
    I loved your blog. I learnt things that I don’t know.

Yes i do have someone in my family who went to war. Infact I have two people, one is dead
    and one survived. The one that died looked out for water bombs. The one that served
    is still alive. When my dad was a little boy, he was frightened that his dad might die.

From Audrey B 3/4L