Welcome Back!

Welcome back to school for 2015!

After six weeks of school holidays, students at Killara Primary School returned to school on Thursday January 29th. Miss Fraser is looking forward to learning with her new Grade 3/4 students.

We have so much to look forward to this year, such as working and learning with our netbooks and Camp in Term 3 to Camp Allambee.

Miss Fraser is sure all of the students in 3/4D will learn so much in 2015 and enjoy their timeΒ being part of our classroom community.

Our Summer has been quite cold so Miss Fraser will be very interested to hear how the students in 3/4D spent their holidays…

*****

Miss Fraser spent Christmas with her fiance` Brenton and family. She played Wii with her cousin Lachlan, who is starting Grade 1 this year. Miss Fraser & Brenton went to Echuca for a day with their dog Arj who swam in the Murray River (and then forgot that he knew how to swim!) Miss Fraser also spent a lot of time at Pets Haven – an animal shelter in Woodend. She is helping Pets Haven at the moment by fostering a dog, who she has fallen in love with! Miss Fraser, Kathryn and Miss Alex also attended Miss Vosti’s wedding together. Miss Vosti made a beautiful bride and is now called Mrs Barclay (Her classroom is opposite ours!)

Leave a comment to tell about your holidays. What are you looking forward to in 2015?

26 thoughts on “Welcome Back!

1. This year I’m really looking forward to writing. Writing is my favourite subject. I like to write persuasive pieces. I’m looking forward to writing because every year the pieces we have to write get more difficult, challenging and intriguing

What type of writing do you like to do?

• Personally, I find pursuasives boring and slightly too difficult for me. I much prefer a narrative, even though I often write very large paragraphs, and hardly ever finish them. the reason I like narratives is probably because I find persuasives too restricting and a narrative allows much more options to write about and I’m extremely creative.

2. I’m really looking forward to Advertising, once I sit through ” Learning To Learn” (Yaawwwn!) I’ve seen a video of how workers at McDonald’s prepare the burgers in the adverts to make them look so much better than when you actually order them, and I’d love to look at things like that!

3. I’m looking forward to reading lots of the wonderful writing Lily’s classmates produce this year. I always enjoy reading Keely’s writing and I look forward to being introduced to the work of some new little authors as well. Pets Haven (the animal shelter where Miss Fraser spent some of her holidays) sounds a lot like Ingrid’s Haven in Wallan, where I used to help out before we moved to Sunbury. I always want to keep all the animals as well. I bet everyone with pets had a great time over the holidays spending more time with them.

4. Hello Miss Fraser and Grade 3/4,

Welcome back to school!

It sounds like Miss Fraser had a great break over the holidays. I hope everyone else did too! Miss Fraser, are you able to keep the dog you are fostering or are you a short term carer? I think I would find it very hard to give one back! Maybe Arj could have a permanent little canine friend?

How is this for an amazing coincidence….we are going to Allambee Camp in Term Three as well! I wonder who will be going first? We voted on which camp we would like to go to (the teachers provided three options) and Allambee won. What are you most looking forward to doing at camp?

I think you will all have an amazing year in Grade 3/4 with Miss Fraser.

Miss Crowther πŸ™‚
    Upper Plenty P.S

• Hello Miss Crowther,
      So good to hear from you!
      I have good news for you – I fell a little bit too in love with my foster dog and decided to keep her! She is very happy in our home and Arj loves her. So does our cat, Harvey.
      How very funny that we are going to the same camp this year! We will be there I think Week 8 of Term 3. When will you be there? I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to most at camp.
      Speak to you soon,
      From Miss Fraser πŸ™‚

• hello Mrs crowther I am looking forward to hearing more about your school and seeing you at camp [if we do] bye for now from abbey

• Hello Abbey,

I think we will be at camp a few weeks before you. We will be able to compare favourite activities after your camp!

I’m sure we will all have a lot of fun at camp. We put a camp countdown widget on our blog and it tells us there are over 150 days until we leave. So, a little while to wait!

Looking forward to hearing more about your class on your blog and the blog challenge.

Miss Crowther πŸ™‚

5. Hi class, I look forward to hearing all about the daily activities in Miss Fraser’s class. I know Riley was super excited to have her as his teacher this year.

What a great Christmas break you had Miss Fraser. Such a kind person to help out at the animal shelter.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys

• Hi Jaclyn,
      Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. We love getting visitors and hopefully later in the year, we will be able to run an open afternoon blogging challenge with our class. I’m very excited to have Riley in my class too πŸ™‚
      From Miss Fraser

6. The blog photo slide show from your holidays looked interesting.
    I’m looking forward to going away on school camp in term 3.

7. G’day Learning Lizards,
    Welcome to the March 2015 student blogging challenge. I hope you enjoy the activities to choose from each week. Make sure you connect with other classes around the world. These can be found in the header area of the blog.

Maybe your teacher could add a link to the challenge in the sidebar of your class blog.

• Hi Miss W,
      We are definitely looking forward to the Student Blogging Challenge this year. Can’t wait for our first activity. We are going to begin connecting with other classes tomorrow. I have now added a link to the Student Blogging Challenge on our blogroll.
      Cheers,
      Miss Fraser πŸ™‚

8. Hi to all you Learning Lizards.

I need your help with a brain teaser.
    There is a commonly used 7 letter word that contains the letters WKW in that order.
    (CLUE: It’s not easy !)
    I can’t think what the answer is can you ?

• Hi Brian,
      Thanks for stopping past our blog. I saw your comment very early this morning (I’m ashamed to say what time) and I think my deliriousness helped to solve the problem! I won’t give away the answer yet, I’ll see if some of the Learning Lizards can figure it out. I love puzzles and patterns!
      From Miss Fraser πŸ™‚

9. Hi I have 2 reasons why this is the best classroom!1.We have lots and lots of games all week!2.We have best ever teacher in the WORLD!:) πŸ™‚

10. Hi guys Isobel here! I want to tell you why should always have a class pet. 1. We enjoy helping species not get forgotten! 2. If we don’t, we’re not the Learning Lizards. 3. It makes us, us!
    Bye!:)

11. Hi Miss Fraser

On the school holidays I went and saw a few movies like Annie, Paper Planes, Alexander and the terrible,horrible, no good, very bad day etc.
    I also had Mia over and I went to her house. We did heaps of other exciting and fun stuff on the holidays.

From Charlotte πŸ™‚