Tyler’s USA Trip: Guest Post

** Tyler is currently travelling around the United States of America. He sent an e-mail to Miss Fraser to update her and the class on his trip so far. ** 

Guest Post: Tyler

I enjoyed the plane trip even though it was long.  We left Melbourne at 10am on the 9th and arrived in LA at 7am the same day. 

I have been here 8 days and have already seen so much.  In Washington DC I have seen the Smithsonian Castle, the US Capitol Building, The Pentagon, The Great Falls, The Washington Monument,  The White House, the Air and Space Museum, The Maryland University, Arlington Cemetery and the changing of the Guard,  The Lincoln Memorial, The Museum of Natural History and the Museum of American History.  Washington is amazing and all their Museums and Tours are free.

T9130179

T9130282

I then caught a train from Washington DC to New York.  New York is so different to Washington.  New York is so busy and exciting.   In New York I have  been the M&M World, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Madison Square Garden, Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, Toys R Us (the largest Toys R Us store in the world, it even has a ferris wheel inside the shop), The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, 9/11 Memorial and I walked across Brooklyn Bridge.

T9171142

Tomorrow I am going to Central Park to kick the footy with my Uncle, The Top of the Rock and to see the Lion King on Broadway.

My favourite things so far are M&M World as everything in the shop is an M&M and you can buy any colour M&M that you like.  I got M&M’s with my name and Go Tigers printed on them.

T9150700

I also like the Statue of Liberty.  She is much bigger than I expected and she was made in France and was shipped over in 200 pieces and put together like a jigsaw puzzle.  She is made of Copper and is now green because copper turns green with age.

In Washington I really liked the Washington Monument as you can see so much from up the top.

I hope you all have a great school holidays.

Bye Tyler.

6 thoughts on “Tyler’s USA Trip: Guest Post

1. Hi Tyler,
    How big was the Statue of Liberty ? I don’t think it was a good idea to get Tigers on the M&M how about Go Roos.
    My holidays have been fun, I went fishing today but it was bad weather we only got two squid.
    Did you meet the president ? Keep exploring America, and leave lots of good comments.
    From your bud Phoenix

• Hi Phoenix,
      What a great comment you have left for Tyler. I’m sure he will reply when he gets a chance – he’s probably busy having too much fun! I agree with you that “Go Tigers” was a bad choice to get printed on the M&Ms and that “Go Roos” would’ve been much better!
      Miss Fraser 🙂

2. Dear Tyler,
    I’ve heard that you have been having so much fun in the USA. How was Empire State building? Could you estimate how many meters up it was? At M&M wold, did the M&Ms come in different sizes? My Mum loved the pictures of Niagara falls. It is amazing that Toys R Us has a Ferris wheel inside it – how awesome! I had a fantastic holiday however I am looking forward to seeing you very soon. 🙂

Lots of love Patrick.

3. Thanks for your comments guys. We are now in San Jose and have been to Orlando, Las Vegas and Los Angeles since we left Niagara Falls. Disney World in Orlando is amazing. I also got to go to Legoland. My favourite park is Magic Kingdom. When I was in Vegas I got to fly in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon. Did you know that the Grand Canyon is 1900 square miles in size and can be seen by the naked eye from outer space. We drove through the desert from Los Vegas to LA. The countryside is so interesting and different. In LA we went to Santa Monica Pier and the beach. Did you know that their “Interstate” roads are built with deliberate straight sections and wide enough so that planes can be landed on them if need be. I am now spending a little time with by Uncle and Aunt before I head home. Missing you all. Love Tyler xx

4. Dear Tyler,
    It is amazing that the Grand Canyon is 1900 square miles. Have you found some jolly ranches yet? Have a great last few days in the USA.

From your best Friend Patrick 🙂

5. Dear Tyler,
    are you having an awesome time in america?how tall is the statue of librity? Did you eat a whole packet of jolly ranchers? I miss you so much. I can not wait till you get back
    love Eric