Lady Northcote Camp

On Monday 21st July, 3/4 A,B,C and D hopped on 2 buses and made our way to Lady Northcote Camp just past Bachus Marsh. Luckily for us, the bus drive from school was quite short.

When we arrived at camp, we were taken on a tour by Andrea, one of the staff members. We were so excited to see the big grounds and where we would we doing our activities.

We at lunch and then found out who was in our cabin. We dropped our luggage off in our cabins which were in one of three lodges – Allawah Lodge, Towrie Lodge or Wakakeita Cottage. We then came running back down the hill to find out our activity groups and which activity we would be doing first!

There were six activity group and we completed two activities on the first day and four on the second. The activities we all completed were the Giant Swing, Flying Fox, Orienteering, Initiatives, Archery and Hut Building.

One the first night, we were very tired so after a delicious dinner of pasta (with our choice of sauce!) we watched the movie Wall:E and then made our way through the cold air to our cabins for bed. Some of us stayed up very late talking!

On the second night after another delicious dinner of Chicken Schnitzel and vegetables, we held our “Red Faces” performances, which are a tradition at our camps. The audience were treated to some high quality acts that included dances, singing and acting. Our judging panel did a great job and Officer Eldridge refused to reveal his scores so we didn’t find out the winners of Red Faces until Monday at Assembly.

On our final day at camp, each activity group went on a “Toon Challenge” which was like a massive scavenger hunt around the whole camp. One or two teachers or parents accompanied each group and in addition to finding items to collect as we followed the map, we had to completed challenges at certain points and even create a team song! We had so much fun doing the Toon Challenge – it was unlike anything we’d done before!

**Photos to be added soon!

We’d like to thank all of the wonderful students who had a great time on camp, participated wonderfully and behaved beautifully.

We’d also like to thank the parents that joined us on camp – Jodie, Sal, Wayne, Richard and Natalie – for giving up their own personal time as they made our experience so much more special.

What was your favourite camp activity? Why? What surprised you about going to camp?

22 thoughts on “Lady Northcote Camp

1. Hi 3/4D,
    Camp was awesome. My favourite activity was the giant swing and the toon challenge. I liked the giant swing because I almost went to the top and I liked the toon challenge because it was fun working as a team.

From Emma 😀 🙂

2. Hello 3/4D,
    Lady Northcote camp was really fun but I liked Philip Island a lot better.
    🙂 Red faces was pretty good Katie Alannah and Emma did a good job so did Jess and Sarah. Ben Tyler Eric Pat Sal and Jodie did OK but they should have sang the RUPO song instead of the lions song.

3. Dear 3/4D,
    my favourite activity was hut building because no-one got wet in the end. Something I was surprised by was people believed in ghost.
    From Felicity

4. Hi Miss Fraser
    We had heaps of fun at camp we were in a cabin with Jess, Amber and Sophie and we were in Allawah lodge cabin 2.

From Charlotte and Mia 🙂 😛 :{

5. Hi 3/4D,
    I really enjoyed camp! My favourite activity was the giant swing, Flying fox and artery.
    I was in activity group 5 with lots of other people.
    What was your favourite activity
    From Amber 🙂

• Dear Amber,
      my favourite activity was The Giant Swing because it was 21 meters high, I went the full hight!

From; Jessica 🙂

6. Hi 3/4D,
    camp was awesome. My favourite activity was the giant swing because it was 21 meters high and I went the full height. I also liked red doing red faces, our act was warrior.

from Alannah 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

7. Hello 3/4D,
    Lady Northcote camp was really fun but Phillip island was a lot better.
    🙂 Red faces was pretty good my favourite act was Jess and Sarah also Katie Alannah and Emma

By Zach:)

• Dear Zach,
      thanks for and liking mine and Sarah’s red faces act.
      I liked Katie, Alannah and Emma’s red faces act to.
      It was awesome.

From: Jessica 🙂

8. Hi everyone,
    I was in Allawah lodge, number 2, with Amber, Charlotte, Mia & Sophie.
    I was in group number 4 for activity groups.
    I did red faces with Sarah and we did Birthday by Katy Perry.
    My favourite activitys were the Giant swing and The flying fox.

From: Jess

9. hi 3/4 D
    camp was EPIC!!!!!!!
    my favourite activity was the giant swing because it was 21 meteres and I nearly went all the way to the top!
    from katie

10. Hello 3/4 D lady Northcote camp was the best I went on the giant swing and fling fox we also done orienteering and hut building good bye 3/4 D
    from Brodie

11. hi,
    I was in Allawah lodge, number 3
    with Alannah , Emma and Katie
    my activity group was number 1 literally
    my favourite activity was Red faces I did it with Jess and we did Birthday by Katy Perry

from Sarah

12. Hi Miss Fraser
    My favourite activity was oreatian because I like to explore I got to see the hole bit of camp good food cabins everything at camp the only thing hated that we didn’t get our own bathrooms.

by Miss Fraser and class

13. hi 3/4D
    lady north camp was the best and my dad came everybody liked him. My favourite activity was the flying fox and it was awesome!! Lady north camp was a great camp.

14. Hi Class!!!,
    I really liked camp, I just think we needed one more day. My favourite activity was orienteering. Over all it was extrordinairy
    Love Tyler

Go Tigers!?!

15. Dear Learning Lizards,
    last Friday year 3-6 had athletics day The Year 4 students competed in 7 events – 800m, high jump, cricket ball throw, hurdles, long jump, shot put and the agility run.

After our sausage sizzle lunch, there were the house events – the hurdles relay and sprint relay.

Mitchell were our overall champions, followed by Sturt, Deakin & Chaffey.
    From Ruby

16. Hi 3/4D,
    Camp was awesome I was in Allawah lodge in cabin 2 with Charlotte, Jess, Mia and Sophie. I was in activity group 5. My favourite activity was the giant swing, the flying fox and the toon challenge. I also think we needed another day or another two days. I also think that if we had the heater on we should have at least kept the heater on or off because I had to sleep under the heater and I ended up sleeping out of my sleeping bag because it was so hot even my cabin was burning hot it was boiling hot in there but it didn’t happen in the day time that is a weird.
    What was your favourite bit about camp?
    What is your favourite activity?
    By Amber 🙂

17. Hi 3/4D
    Camp was AWESOME . I was in cabin 2 along with Mia, Amber,Sophie and Jess. I loved the toon challenge and the giant swing. I liked the giant swing because it was really high and I like the toon challenge because I liked working as a team and because it was fun. From Charlotte.