Welcome to Term 3

Term 3 has begun for school children in Victoria. We can’t believe how quickly the year is going… Time definitely flies when you’re having fun!

This week, we started back on Monday. We thought Miss Fraser had gone a little crazy as she took down our Whole Brain Teaching Rules and told us that they no longer apply.

… No rules?! What?!

Tyler thought about it and explained that just because there were no rules, that didn’t mean that we could go crazy. Miss Fraser agreed and stated that we come to school to learn and so that’s what we’ll be doing. We understand that we are old enough and thoughtful enough to know how to behave so that we can get the mot out of our learning and allow others to do the same.

On Tuesday, we started Maths rotations using data. Our learning is focusing on finding the mean, median, mode and range of sets of data. This is really tricky Maths for Grade 3/4 but we are learning it very quickly with the help of our Flip-Flap books and Jibber-Jabbers. We are also practicing collecting data and finding the mean, median, mode and range using the weather forecast and our bowling scores from Wii Bowling!

On Wednesday, we thought about our big questions for our Term Three Genius Hour! We are working on our questioning skills and creating “non-googleable” questions. We have so many varied ideas… stay tuned for an update on Genius Hour very soon.

We are excited and nervous about camp next week! We are leaving on Monday for Lady Northcote camp.

Term Three is going to be extremely busy with camp, the Walkathon, the School Concert/Arts Expo, Book Week and all of our classroom activities and challenges!

What are you most looking forward to this term?

2 thoughts on “Welcome to Term 3

1. Hi 3/4D,
    I am so excited we are going to camp tomorow. I heard that there was a giant swing and a giant flying fox!!! If anyone didn’t know we are doing archery!! I am really looking forward to camp. See you all tomorrow!

from Patrick 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

2. Hi 3/4D,
    I really enjoyed camp. It was a lot of fun. My favourite activities were the Giant Swing, the Flying Fox and Archery. On the Giant Swing I went to the very top and lots of other kids did too. I also liked the Toon Challenge. What was your favourite activity / activities?
    From Amber 🙂