ANZAC Day

On Friday, 25th of April, all of the students in Victoria did not attend school as it was ANZAC Day.

ANZAC Day falls on the 25th of April every year. It is a special day that we take to remember the service men and women of our country in times of war.

ANZAC stands for:

From abc.com.au

From abc.com.au

Australian
New Zealand
Army
Corps

The ANZAC tradition began 99 years ago, during World War 1, when the Australian troops and their allies landed in 1915 at what is now known as Anzac Cove in Gallipoli, Turkey.

On Monday, we had a special Assembly to honour ANZAC Day. Each class in the school contributed a wreath, which are now being displayed in the school front office.

After Assembly, we were lucky enough to listen to a guest speaker, Margaret, who shared her experiences of being a woman in the army in times of war.

Do you know any more information about ANZAC Day? What do you and your family do on ANZAC Day? Have you ever attended a dawn service?

5 thoughts on “ANZAC Day

1. Hey peeps,
    on Anzac day this year all the people in Victoria do a minute silent to remember the soldiers who fight in the war for us and saved our country and fort for others.
    this Anzac day Alani had a double sleepover at Olivia’s house and we did the minute silent with Olivia’s mum.
    that’s all bye

2. Hi 3/4 Leaning Lizards

I have attended a dawn service.
    Have you?
    I really like the idea of the wreaths.

From Amber 4B 😛 😀 🙂

3. Hi3/4 learning lizards
    I have never been to a dawn service and I will never go to one because my dad will not let me and because its to early in the morning

• Hi Summer,
      I know the early morning and cold weather has put me off going to a dawn service before but I’ve heard it is an amazing experience. I think I will make an effort to attend next year as it is the 100th anniversary of the landing and battle at Anzac Cove. I hope you’ll be able to attend one year.
      From Miss Fraser 🙂