Interview with our Pre-Service Teacher

In 3/4D, we are lucky enough to have Mrs Zarb in our classroom every Tuesday and soon for week blocks. Mrs Zarb is learning to be a teacher and she is practicing with us! We enjoy having Mrs Zarb in our classroom as she has been very helpful so far. Here are some questions that we asked Mrs Zarb to get to know her better.

What is your favourite food?
Paella (Spanish rice dish).

If you could teach us anything what would you teach us? (Sarah)
I would love to teach you all how to read and follow a recipe and then go on to cook/bake the recipe of choice.

What university did you go to? (Felicity)
I graduated from La Trobe University in 1998, and am now attending Victoria University for 2014.

What is your favourite sport?
I like to watch AFL and soccer live, both equally.

What is your full name? (Alannah)
Mrs. Simone Zarb.

What things do you know about the school?
I know that it is a large school which has all divided classes/composite classes, except prep.

What is the best thing about being a teacher?
Well, I’m still learning at the moment, so I cannot yet answer this question. However, the best thing so far, is being welcomed so warmly by class 3/4D.

Have you ever been a teacher before?
Yes, I operated Chef2b Cooking School, which is a cooking school designed for kids (both boys and girls). Cheflings get an opportunity to taste, create, cook and learn about all sorts of ingredients to make quick healthy meals.

What grade would you like to teach?
3/4D, yay for me.

What are you interested in? (Charlotte)
I’m interested in my family and friends. I also am interested in a making positive changes where possible in the world around me.

What is your favourite book?
I have many, however I do really like Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

Do you like football? (Brodie)
AFL

What do you like to teach? (Ned)
Whatever you’d like to learn!

Are you a happy teacher or a grumpy teacher? (Ned)
Hopefully a happy teacher!

What is your favourite wild animal? (Jess)
Lion.

How many pets do you have? (Ben)
2 birds, Charlie and Henry.

What is your favourite pet? (Jess)
Dogs.

What is your all-time favourite animal? (Katie)
I have to go with lion again.

What football team do you go for in the A.F.L (Zach)
Essendon.

How old are you?
2014 – 1976 (= 38 in July)

What is your favourite colour?
Red, at the moment.

7 thoughts on “Interview with our Pre-Service Teacher

1. Dear Brodie,

I love football. My favourite team is Collingwood, what is your favourite football team? P.S please say Collingwood.

• Dear Chloe,

That’s a great question that you asked Brodie, but I’m sure he will say that he barracks for the Cats! I see that Mrs Zarb barracks for the Bombers. I wonder how Miss Fraser barracks for?

From Miss T 🙂

2. Hi Chloe and Miss T,
    I can’t answer for Brodie about which team he barracks for – I can’t remember specifically at the moment. I know that, unfortunately, he doesn’t barrack for the best team in the world – North Melbourne.
    Chloe, what question would you ask for a student teacher? I think Ned’s question is hilarious – are you a happy teacher or a grumpy teacher.
    Miss Fraser 🙂

3. Dear Learning Lizards,

Our class also had a Pre Service teacher. Her name was Ms.Tulloch. Her birthday was on December 26. I miissed her a lot when she left I hope you have a longer time to spend days with her.

She sounds like a fun pre service teacher. Can you tell me more about her?

From:Shaampavi

4. Dear learing lizards,

Cool. We also had a pre- service teacher. Her name was Ms. Tulloch and she was very nice and fun. But now she went to another school to teach. We all miss her alot but we tweet her too. We really enjoyed her being here.

From Jenny

5. Hi Miss Fraser,
    My favorite food is sushi because i love the way it tastes. If I could teach you anything, I think it would be orthography. I learned this this year from my wonderful fifth grade teacher Mrs.Steven. I like understanding the meaning of a word and going back through the history to see if a word has gone obsolete, rather than just memorizing the spelling of a word. If I could teach any grade, I would teach 4k. Our class has 4k buddies and I love helping them learn. Everything is special to them. My favorite book is actually a series, and it’s called Fablehaven. It is a series about a magical preserve where mythical creatures live. I love the colors lime green and teal blue. They remind me of the ocean which is one of my favorite places to be with my family. Sorry I didn’t answer all of the questions. Thank you for checking my blog. I love to see your comments.

~Madtowngymnast