Kidz Bodz

On Wednesday, March 5th, 3/4D walked over to Room 21 with 3/4C to watch a presentation from a company called Kidz Bodz.

The name of our presentation was called “Friendly Foods.” We looked at the importance of a healthy breakfast followed by healthy food choices throughout the day. We discovered how good or bad food choices can affect our energy, concentration and behaviour.

We learnt to make healthy food choices throughout the day and to eat plenty of complex carbohydrates, some protein and calcium and to only have simple carbohydrates sometimes. We also learnt about food additives and a little about how to read the nutrition labels on food packaging. We talked about advertising and how it can affect our choices too.

Our Home Learning Task this week is to find examples of complex carbohydrates, protein and calcium and simple carbohydrates and stick them onto a pyramid to show how much of each we should consume every day.

What examples have you found of complex and simple carbohydrates, protein and calcium? What surprised you about the types of foods you should eat every day? Does food affect your concentration? Which ones should you avoid so you can stay focused in school?

10 thoughts on “Kidz Bodz

1. Dear Miss Fraser and 34 D
    I hope you all enjoyed the kids bodz incursion. I hope all of you learnt so much all about your body and now you all know how to keep your bodies healthy and you should eat lots of healthy food.

from Eve

2. Hi 3/4!

I think it’s so important to learn about the types of foods that we eat.
    Something that surprises me is that if I have a cup of tea at night before I go to bed, it takes me a lot longer to get to sleep. I have a teaspoon of sugar in my cup of tea so I wonder if that is part of the problem?

What did you learn about advertising?

3. That sounded like a fun activity. I would like to know: What foods do we want to eat to keep healthy? What are carbohydrates?

From Alex 6EK

4. Hi 3/4D
    I have been learning so much about healthy food and simple carbohydrates. I know that I have to eat healthy food and not simple carbohydrates now.
    What are we learning next?
    How do you do the smiles?

from Mia

• Hi Miss Mia,
      I’m glad you learned so much from the incursion. I did not know that “sometimes food” was called simple carbohydrates. It is good to have a mix.
      To be honest, I’m not sure what our topic will be next term. For the rest of the term, we’re going to work on building our technology skills and learning to be good digital citizens.
      Have a great weekend.
      Miss Fraser 🙂
      P.S. You can add a smiley by typing : and ) without a space in between.

• Hi Christian,
      Were you at the KidzBodz incursion? Which question do you not understand? Polly spoke about the difference between simple and complex carbohydrates and foods we should be eating to stay focused and alert in school. Do you remember she used Kingston as an example?
      From Miss Fraser 🙂