Welcome Back!

Welcome back to school for 2014!

After nearly 6 weeks of Summer holidays, Miss Fraser is really looking forward to learning with her new class. Miss Fraser has never taught Grade 3/4 before and thinks it will be a lot of fun.

Our class is looking forward to many things this year, such as Lady Northcote Camp later in the year, using the netbooks and tablets and learning lots of new things.

This blog will be a part of our classroom program for sharing our learning with our parents and the wider community. Miss Fraser can’t wait to teach students in 3/4D how to blog so that we can begin learning with other classes around the world.

Miss Fraser has enjoyed hearing how some students have spent their holidays. Miss Fraser spent a lot of time in her backyard, playing with her new cat, Harvey, and enjoyed spending time with family.

Students at Killara returned to school on Thursday 30th of January. We had 2 days together as a class so that we could settle back into school routines and get to know each other.

Some activities that we did together were:
* Snowball fight to learn each other’s names
* What makes a great teacher
* What makes a great classroom
* What kind of teacher do you want Miss Fraser to be?
* Learning questions carousel
* All about Me booklet

Amongst all this, we also spent time talking about and practising different procedures in our classroom, such as lining up in a 4S line and how to work co-operatively in groups.

Miss Fraser introduced Whole Brain Teaching to us, so we spent some time learning and teaching our partners our 5 Classroom Rules. We will be playing a Scoreboard game all year so we know how we’re going.

We can’t wait for the rest of our school year!

Leave a comment about what you did over the holidays.

What was your favourite part of our first days together?

What did you do in your classroom on the first few days?

3 thoughts on “Welcome Back!

1. Hi Miss Frazer
    Its Olivia S from Upper Plenty P.S! I am wondering what class level you have this year? How was your new years break! On my holidays I went to my grandma and grandpa’s house for 1 week and I had so much fun!
    This is my blog address if you would like to look at it with your grade and maybe even leave comment, http://oliviassuperblog.global2.vic.edu.au/ This year my teacher is doing team teaching with Miss Crowther. Have been on our blog yet, http://upps56team.global2.vic.edu.au/ that is our blog address! Miss Frazer I think that your blog is amazing, awesome and even creative! I hope you have good fun this year will visit again soon.
    From Olivia S @ UPPER PLENTY P.S

• Hi Olivia,
      Great to hear from you!
      This year I am teaching Grade 3/4 for the first time! Are you a Grade 6 this year? How exciting to have both Miss Crowther and Mrs Placek as teachers this year! I have visited your class blog and am looking forward to hearing lots about your learning this year. Maybe we can work out some class projects again?
      I put your blog up on our Interactive Whiteboard and my class were amazed that you have your own special blog!
      Hopefully we will see each other soon.
      Miss Fraser 🙂

• Hi Miss Frazer,
        I am in year five and I am having a ball with Miss Crowther and Mrs Placek! I think it would be great to have a project together again! It was really good having the chance to do that last year, wasn’t it. Okay. Maybe you could go on my blog again because today I have updated my blog!!
        Happy Learning Lizards!! 🙂
        Olivia S @ UPPS